Monday, December 20, 2010

A real "easy run"

So I finally bad a really great, easy run. I decided to make my easy runs 1.5 miles this week, since the 2 of last week might have been a bit much and I ended up skipping my harder runs. So today I ran one and a half sloooooow miles at a 12 minute mile. It felt really good And I was able to read a bit while I did it - I was on the dreadmill.

I was supposed to lift upper and lower today, but I skipped the upper - hopefully I'll make it up tomorrow. I did attend yoga class though, for the first time since my injury. It was ok, not as fun as I remembered. But I'll try keep going back.

There's a "bootcamp" class that I might try going to eddy other week or so. I mean, I say that now, we'll see if it ever actually happens. But it sounds like a good over all strengthening class, which I am definitely in need of. I think I should take advantage of them over the holiday before the program starts up and I am thrown into a world of unknown...

Can you tell I'm nervous!!?

I should also note that I ran today at five, then lifted, then did yoga. I hAd eaten about an hour before my run and my stomach was pretty irritable so I developed a side stitch on my left side while running. Thankfully my pace was slow enough that I could run through it. During yoga t was pretty "bubbly" as everything shifted in my stomach.

Anyway. Glad I ended up getting my run done after all. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same tomorrow. I'll probably end up running in the evening again since I won't have the car. On deck for tomorrow is hill repeats and the upper body lifted that I skipped today. I'm not quite sure how/where to do hill repeas. Outside would be best, obviously, but I could always kind of do it on the treadmill. We will see. I do know that they ade important and they're only scheduled once a week so I really don't want to skip them.

Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.