Monday, January 17, 2011

Five weeks down, eleven to go!

This was the hardest week of training so far, due to my knee issues, but thankfully it was also a recovery week. Looks like I needed one.
Saturday I ran two miles on the treadmill after a solid warm up and stretching session. My knee felt a little funny after mile one, so I increased from a 12 min/mi to a ten, and it felt a lot better. I might try bumping it up to an 11 min/mi next time to see if my gait straightens out. When I got home I iced my legs for a while.

Yesterday I didn't get my "long" run in until the late afternoon because a couple from church took us out to lunch. I've also not been able to run before hand because we are attending a class. Anyway, I wa a litle apprehensive about running on a full stomach, but I had to fit it in. This week I was scheduled to do four miles. I ran to the gym, did a mile on the treadmill, and ran home. It was so much fun!! I needed a good, long run so badly. I'm glad it wasn't a full long training run though, it was nice to not have to push it. Next week is a six miler, an I might do the same sort of thing - run to the gym, do 3 miles, and run home. Nice to switch it up, especially since I always run alone.

So the total number of miles this week was only 10, since I missed a 2 miler. Next week was supposed to be 17, but it's only 13 now. I've added a third rest day in for the week to make sure my knee can handle training again. But like I said, six miles on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.