Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Sunday run

I managed to get out of bed this morning, somehow. I guess because I don't really consider running to be just an option. I'm so glad I did. It was my long run, five miles this time. I ran down across the bridge and back, plus a loop on my street to make it an even five. It was pretty warm for January, a little over 45 degrees. The first two miles were really nice, I listened to Celtic Psalms and felt very relaxed. The second half wasn't as nice but it wasn't bad either. I just felt really sleepy and groggy. Probably has something to do with my large sleep debt...

So I managed five outdoor miles in an hour, with a liberal use of walk breaks, especially up the hills. That is my target time for the race, so that boosted my confidence.

The total mileage for this week was 14.4

Tomorrow I have a two miler scheduled, plus I'm planning on lifting a lot to kind of catch up...

Sooo nervous about how my running will fare once school starts up. It might be just fine tho.. I'm planning on being at the gym by 6 every day.. Oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.