Tuesday, July 19, 2011

End of Third Week

Okay to catch up on the weekend. Friday's long run was great! I did a run walk ratio of 4:1 until the last half mile, so it took me a while to do it all. BUT it definitely helped me mentally deal with running again. I'm going to continue taking walk breaks as my mind needs them, but I think I'm quickly getting used to it again :) I had no soreness or tiredness after my run, which is a good sign, since I'll need to run 2.5 times that distance in a few short weeks!! I didn't work out on Saturday, but I didn't eat much at all which helped to offset that. I had fruit salad (probably way too much, but it was soo tasty), a cold cut sandwich without much of the bread, a cupcake, a bowl of soup, a breadstick and a few servings of salad (good ol' olive garden!). Sunday (my birthday!) I ate decently, wasn't even tempted by the desserts at the picnic. I played a lot of soccer so I got some running in (can I call that a speed workout??!) which was a lot of fun even tho I am absolutely horrendous at soccer.

Yesterday I weighed in at 154 AGAIN, I can't seem to break past that. I thought I ate pretty well, but wasn't really paying too much attention, which is probably why I weigh more today than I would have liked. My run was great, a two miler without any mental walking breaks, around the track.

This morning's weigh-in marked the end of week three. it was 154.6 (Boo) which put me at an average of 154.3, a .9 lb loss from week 2's average. I need to intensify this weight loss thing!! Part of this not-losing-weight problem is that i eat very late into the night. This needs to end. I can only allow myself 1 post dinner snack of 150 calories, and i need to be strict about it!!

Also, I need to cut back on the number of pretzels I eat every day. 2 servings, 200 calories total should be more than enough for a day. I can break that down into 4 servings to have 4 different times. I think popcorn and 1/2 serving of pretzels is a perfect post dinner snack. 150 calories and very satisfying.

My goal is to have week four ALWAYS be under 154.0.. So i'll have to really cut back today. No more eating icing and cupcakes... a major downfall of mine! SO many hidden calories and totally not worth it when i can make delish lower cal cookies :)So here's what I'm going to try to do today, and we'll see how the scale responds. Breakfast will be at 9 o'clock as usual and will be a serving of cereal, 140 calories. Lunch will be at noon and will be popcorn, 1/2 serving of pretzels and an apple at around 300 calories. Snack will be at three and will be an egg sandwich on a english muffin with a yogurt, 300 calories. Dinner will be at 6 and will be whatever Joshua wants to have for dinner (Grilled chicken??) and snack will be whenever at the 150 calories. this will be 890 calories plus dinner which will be under 500 calories, putting my day at a max of 1390.

At least I had a great workout this morning! i think I would feel very discouraged if I hadn't. It was a three miler with 1.5 miles of hills. I started at a 2.5% incline which was CAKE, so I upped it to 4% which was still not much of a push. Since hills at antietam are brutal, I think I will replace my Wednesday speed workouts with additional hills. I can do a bit of speed stuff at the end of every work out. PLus, I realy don't care how long it takes me to finish FR, as long as I can finish it running!! I think tomorrow I'll set teh incline at 6%. I warmed up with a .75 and finished with a .75 which made only a mile and a half of hills, but it worked out well. I took a few walking breaks during my hill time, but I'm ok with that for now. We will see how my legs are acting tomorrow! I can't wait until I can impliment that P90X workout back into my routine, but I think I will give it one more week. I don't want to aggravate that muscle torn up by all those lunges! However, I can already notice a real difference from doing plyometrics. My legs feel SO much stronger now!

Well that's all I got for now. over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.