And it' really bothering me since I had a popcorn kernel stuck in between my teeth. grr.
Well I didn't update yesterday because I took the day off. The night before was pretty horrible due to headaches and insomnia. I believe both were exercise induced; I had two pretty rigorous workouts that day.
So today I did my 3.5mi hill workout and will later do plyo, tomorrow will be my recovery run and sat will be my 8miler.
Yesterday and today my weigh-ins were the same: 150.6
SO CLOSE to dropping below that dreadful mark!! I'm just trying to keep on keeping on, and not cut too much food out of my diet. Also trying to keep in mind that not every week will be like last week!
Anyway, my new goal is to reach 140 by freedom's run. I would be able to run so much easier if I could delete ten pounds of body fat!! I think it's reasonably achievable. I mean, I'll be happy to be at or below 145, but being at or below 140 would just be so much better. It would also be my lowest adult weight!! But let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.
In other news, I am going to start doing some barefoot runs!! I walked home and back to the library barefoot today and it just felt so amazing. (other than a splinter and a few sharp rocks) So I'm going to prepare by walking as much as possible barefoot outside this week, and next Thursday I'll give it a go for my 2 miler. I figure that by then my feet will have some decent callouses and my calves will be more used to that form.
Speaking of my changing form, I ran all 3.5 miles in my new shoes, the correct way! WIN. and so far, no soreness. If they aren't sore tomorrow I am going to run in them again, but no matter what I am not using them for my long run on saturday. I want to be more focused on simply finishing than I am on form. Plus I don't want to overdo it, and I don't want to have to change shoes in the middle of a run.
I can see myself wanting to run barefoot tomorrow. we'll see how I feel. It might be good practice to run at least one easy day outside to get used to wind resistance and to hills. Maybe every thursday will be barefoot thursday. It would be really good for my form and for my muscles. Hm.. I'm going to do some research on this matter.
IN ANY CASE, 7.8 POUNDS GONE. WHADDUP.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.