Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Training begins again!

Back to blogging! It's always a great motivator in the begining of a training plan, but I never seem to update the weeks leading up to a race, so let's see if I can be consistant this time!

Okay well first off, here is my training plan:
Week 1: 1.5mi, 2.5mi, 2.5mi, 1.5mi, 5mi = 13 miles/week
Week 2: 1.5, 3, 3, 1.5, 7 = 16 miles/week
Week 3: 2, 3, 3, 2, 8 = 18 miles/week
week 4: 2, 2, 2, 2, 5 = 13 miles/week
Week 5: 2, 3, 3, 2, 9 = 19 miles/week
Week 6: 2, 4, 3, 2, 10 = 21 miles/week
Week 7: 2, 4, 3, 2, 11 = 22 miles/week
Week 8: 2, 3, 3, 2, 6 = 16 miles/week
Week 9: 2, 4, 3, 2, 12 = 23 miles/week
Week 10: 2, 4, 3, 2, 13 = 24 miles/week
Week 11: 2, 2, 2, 2, 6 = 14 miles/week
Week 12: 4, 3, 2, 1, RACE = 23.1 miles/week

I took about a month and a half off from serious running for a much needed mental break, so we'll see how fast I can up my mileage this time! It's supposed to be easier every time, and since I've been running (mostly) consistently for 2 and 1/2 years now, I don't think it should be too terribly bad. It's mostly going to be a mental struggle.

Lately I've been working out twice a day, M-F. Weight lifting or plyometrics in the morning, followed by running in the afternoon. It's been going great so far! I study in the library in between workouts and after running, so I think that I'll be able to update on a regular basis.

I'm also being pretty deligent about losing weight. I weigh in every morning, and occasionally in the evenings just for fun. It's been two full weeks, and I've lost three pounds. I want to lose at least ten more, but losing fifteen pounds would put me at my lowest weight in highschool. A weight that I only maintained for about a month, but I digress. My point is that I'll probably update about that on here too, to stay committed! I have a nice line graph taped up to a kitchen cabinet that I use to track my weight loss trends, and it's has a nice downward slope! The other thing that has helped is that I bought a new scale, a digital one with a .2 lb counter, which is 1000x easier to read than my old one, and much more accurate. The food plan that I've been following is this: small equal meals at 9, 12, 3, 6, and sometime after dinner. I don't count calories, I just use good judgement and avoid junky foods.

Here is what I've done this week for working out:
Monday - plyo (about a 50 minute power workout that absolutely KICKS my butt)
ran 2mi
Tuesday - ran 2.5 mi
plyo
Today - upper body strength training
will run 2.5 miles two hours from now

alright, that's more than enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.