Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mamma's Melody

So after my last entry I studied genetics for a while, then hiked it up to the gym again for round two. Since I'm going to be doing a "long" run tomorrow, and since my knee's been bothering me, I wanted to take it as easy as possible while still burning calories. So I walked on a treadmill and studied genetics for a half hour, then walked home and had lunch. Popcorn, pretzels, two cookies. !!!! What is it about dieting that always makes me want junk?? I know that I'll still lose weight since I'm restricting calories, but still. I guess part of it is that we don't have any fruit in the house, or good yogurt, and PB my good ol standby is just so very high in calories. hmf. I'm going to need to work on this.

After about two and a half hours of being a general bum (and watching The Prestige), I decided to walk back into town to buy myself an early birthday smoothie, a momma's melody from mellow moods, as my three o'clock meal. This means that my total mileage for today has been a minimum of seven miles. nine miles if I walk back home instead of waiting for Joshua. :) Three miles at the gym, six walking around town and home. Not too shabby! Can't wait to see if I have any major weight loss! The best birthday gift would be a drop to 150, but dropping four pounds in two days would be a bit much. It would only be water weight anyhow. And what's the point of being dehydrated when you're a runner? So... I guess I'll hope for a one pound drop between saturday (when I'm celebrating) and now.

I was reading this blog yesterday about a morbidly obese woman who dropped fifty pounds without anybody noticing. Jeeze. I'm happy with my four. Not that anyone but me and my belt (which is at that uncomfortable spot where one hole makes it too big and one makes it too small) have noticed.

Alright. Enough's enough.

Plan for tomorrow is as follows: sleep in until eight. Walk to library. Have breakfast, study medsurg, run five miles at eleven. DRINK GATORADE. diluted in half of course. calorie free of course. Follow with peanutbutter, banana, popcorn and soymilk.

Walk home around two, have a light snack, clean the house, make pizza, etc etc etc.

Saturday we'll be going to Susan's to celebrate my birthday by hanging out at the pool and going to see the final installment of Harry Potter. I'm definitly nervous about Saturday food-wise. I hate going to other people's houses when I'm trying to lose weight. Whenever people besides Joshua or my parents cook for me I feel like I need to eat a "normal" amount so that I don't come off as being rude. I think what I'll probably do is skip my nine and noon meals, have about 300 calories around eleven, and then not eat until dinner. That way I can have a normal dinner and the obligatory slice of birthday cake guilt-free. Maybe I'll be able to make it to the gym in the AM to burn off a few calories before hand.

I can't wait to get to the point in this diet where the weight just falls off and I don't even need to put thought into it; when it just becomes second nature. They say it takes twenty one days to form a habit. Today is day 16. This is the most consistent I've been about weight loss since we got married. And it's definitely off to the best start - eating 1200-1700 calories a day instead of the 500 like I used to whenever I wanted to drop a few pounds. I may not have a healthier attitude toward food, but at least I'm eating it without crying. Baby steps.

Yay! Joshua just called. He's getting out of work THREE HOURS earlier than he did yesterday. BEAM! This is also 35 minutes later than he is scheduled for:)

Now the great debate. Do I sit here and talk about losing weight, or go walk home and actually do it?

I think I just answered my own question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.